[Resolved] GPP 1.11 ( Generate external css file does not work )

Home Forums Support GPP 1.11 ( Generate external css file does not work )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    FunkyCss

Hallo i was testing those days the beta gpp and today i saw the official realease , i just dont see the generated css in my site i see the options beeing inlined still

<style id=’generate-style-inline-css’ type=’text/css’>

<style id=’generate-woocommerce-inline-css’ type=’text/css’>

And many more , can you check it please ?

I am using NGNIX and WProcket also Perfmatters plugin also Redis , my cache is flushed right now.

Ty 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

There is a bug right now where the original inline CSS isn’t always being removed. I believe I have it fixed and will be releasing 1.11.1 today.

Some of the inline CSS won’t be added to the external stylesheet for now. WooCommerce is one of those, as it needs to appear after the WooCommerce stylesheet.

Thanks!

FunkyCss

Hi Tom , Thanks!

I completely understand that , no problem! 🙂 Very happy with your new work!

Can i ask something more advanced ? And this has to do actually with Woocommerce css.

There is a way i can use the css that is generated from woocommerce options to the woocommerce/stylesheet itself ? i mean if i overwrite this file there is to be any issue at all? i dont like to use woocommerce stylesheet when i use the options of GP.

Suraj Katwal

I was going to post the same question. I think we will get the solution in the next update.
    Thank you for this functionality. Already added on my review article too about this feature.

Thank You Tom 🙂

SEO, WordPress Optimization, Blogging Tutorials.
    GeneratePress Tutorial: https://www.wplogout.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1.11.1 is now available and should fix this issue 🙂

FunkyCss

Hallo Tom , Both on two of my sites i test this still seems no to work.

Also i see inline css i have never seen before actually inlined.

Like – >

<style id=’generate-secondary-nav-inline-css’ type=’text/css’>

<link rel=’stylesheet’ id=’generate-secondary-nav-mobile-css’ href …

<link rel=’stylesheet’ id=’generate-navigation-branding-css’ href..

Cache is deleted and in one of them no cache is enabled. i have a pretty test site for generateblocks i can send you login if you need to test.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That inline CSS is specifically for those stylesheets, and needs to remain inline below them in order to function properly.

The external file option is specifically for the main inline CSS under the main stylesheet.

In the future, we hope to integrate all inline CSS (and even the static files) as an option in the dynamic stylesheet.

FunkyCss

Hallo Tom , i see , can you check the hidden link as i am not sure if is correct to be displayed like this i still see inlined css in the main file you are talking about.

Andreas

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, that looks right.

Before, all of the CSS here would have been inline as well: yoursite.com/wp-content/uploads/generatepress/style.min.css

As time goes on we’ll try to figure out the other files as well (especially WooCommerce).

FunkyCss

Hi, Ok just wanted to send you back any info i had.! Thanks once again! Good luck with new realeses! 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Suraj Katwal

Is this setting has any relation with critical CSS?
    Can you please check my site for confirmation only?
    http://www.wplogout.com

SEO, WordPress Optimization, Blogging Tutorials.
    GeneratePress Tutorial: https://www.wplogout.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Yes it is working on your site, No it is not related to Critical CSS. But it does improve performamce by moving the majority of the inline CSS to a styles.css file. This means the file can be cached.

Horst

Hello, the use of “external CSS” means that the preview of an article is displayed incorrectly. Only resetting to “internal CSS” solves this display problem. As I said, “only” is the preview. Otherwise I did not notice any incorrect display. My version is up to date. 1.11.1 – The update has not changed anything in this regard.

Regards, Horst
    https://horstschulte.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That is a bug in 1.11.1 at the moment. We’ll be releasing 1.11.2 on Monday with the fix.

Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.