[Support request] GP+GB+Popup maker issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP+GB+Popup maker issue

Home Forums Support GP+GB+Popup maker issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dmitry

Hi!

Some of GB blocks properties ignored when used inside popup. For example, you can check the link below. I use 8em headline and 50/50 grid

It looks like I should add some parent classes somewhere, to activate the proper CSS.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

It looks like I should add some parent classes somewhere, to activate the proper CSS.

I don’t believe this is the issue – all the necessary classes are there from what I can see.

It’s possible that the popup plugin you are using doesn’t allow GB to be executed within it.

I would recommend checking with the plugin’s support team.

Dmitry

Well, I updated the link, so you can see that all the classic Gutenberg blocks behave OK. The issue is only with GB blocks.

Update: you can see this issue here https://community.generateblocks.com/t/generateblocks-and-popup-maker/319

My example shows the issue is with GB, because classic gutenberg blocks all fine with Popup maker. This two plugins are awesome. Lets make them work fine πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I don’t believe there is a short-term solution for this unfortunately.

We would need to know what the popup plugin requires and if it’s appropriate for us to support it.

I would recommend going with classic Gutenberg blocks for now πŸ™‚

Dmitry

Hi,

I investigated the issue with Popup maker support. We find out that the problem is with GB plugin. You can take a look at our discussion https://wordpress.org/support/topic/generateblocks-popup-maker-issue/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

My guess here is that GB isn’t aware of the content being output by the plugin: https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/adding-content-sources-for-dynamic-css-generation/

In order for GB to generate the CSS, it needs to be told that the content exists outside of the post content area.

They may be able to provide a simple function based on the example above.

Let us know πŸ™‚

Dmitry

Hi, Tom!

Nice to see you!

Looks like I already have the answer for that: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/generateblocks-popup-maker-issue/

It seems that we can solve this issue in 2 ways: 1 – modify one of the plugins or 2 – make custom snippet. Am I right?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not seeing a solution specific to the article I linked to.

What we need is a way to dynamically query the content that the plugin generates.

For example, if they use a custom post type, we need to query the posts in that post type and tell GB about them.

If they use a custom solution, we need a way to query the content from that solution and tell GB about it.

William

Is there a resolution or work-around for this issue?

I am using GP and creating content using GenerateBlocks Pro within Popup Maker and not see the GB styles applied within the pop-up on the front-end.

Many thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

it looks like OPs support topic with the plugin maker didn’t go anywhere. They didn’t even respond to his last reply.
    So installed the plugin to take a look…. and i found it uses classic editor.
    I wasn’t sure how you’re adding GB content to that…. but any how I:

1. Created this custom shortcode:

function db_hook_inside_shortcode($atts, $content = null) {
          ob_start();
          do_action('db_inside_popup');
          return ob_get_clean();
    }
    add_shortcode('popup_hook', 'db_hook_inside_shortcode');

2. in the Popup added the shortcode:

[popup_hook]

Which adds the custom hook of: db_inside_popup inside its template.

3.Then i created a GP Block Element, and set its Hook to Custom and added: db_inside_popup

4. Built my GB content in the element.

5. Set the Display Rules to Entire Site or the specific location of the popup,

And that worked for me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.