[Resolved] GP woocommerce template

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP woocommerce template

Home Forums Support GP woocommerce template

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Matthew

Hi Tom,

Is it possible to copy the woocommerce templates from the Storefront theme into the GP theme?
    I understood that we could copy the woocommerce template into the GP child theme, but is it possible to have the template from the Storefront theme instead?

I have a glanced at the Storefront theme that it added more functions/script/customisation based on the template in the woocommerce plugin folder other than in its own theme folder.

Could you please give me some advice?

Thanks a lot.
    Matthew

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Matthew,

I doubt it, as Storefront most likely uses a different HTML structure than GP.

Is there something specific you’re looking to add to GP?

Matthew

Hi Tom,

Yes, agreed. GP probably doesn’t have the much template for the WC.
    What I’m look for is to customize the WC template, such as the My Account page, Check Out page, etc….

Any advice?

thanks.
    Matthew

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In order to make customizations like that you’ll need to use a child theme with GP and overwrite WC templates: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/template-structure/

It’ll help to study the HTML structure of the page.php template, and then add in your WC elements.

Thierry

Hi Tom,

I don’t understand, i have a template GP child and template WC

If i want modify the file price.php (/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/single-product/price.php) how i can do this ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This article might help: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/template-structure/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Thierry

Great, it’s ok. I copied the folder template of Woo in my Child GP but what’s happen when there wille be the next update from Woo ?

may be there isn’t update in the template of Woo ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If it’s using the template in your child theme, then they can update and it won’t touch your child theme folder πŸ™‚

Thierry

of course, thx Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.