[Resolved] GP Theme update breaking design

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Theme update breaking design

Home Forums Support GP Theme update breaking design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric

Hey GP Team,

My apologies in advance for the long email, I tried to keep it short and succinct.

I’m trying to update my site to the latest version of the GP Theme + GP Premium, and something keeps breaking and distorting my design when I update the base GP Theme.

What’s strange is everything is working fine on my staging site and the issue only shows up after updating the GP theme on my production site. I noticed when I checked in an incognito window.

I took a few screenshots to help illustrate the issue.

Here are the steps I’ve taken:
    Step 1: Set up a fresh staging site from the production site
    Step 2: Update plugins one by one, check for site design issues
    Step 3: Since all looked good on staging, I repeated the update process on my production site
    Step 4: Discovered design issues through an incognito window
    Step 5: Rinse and repeat on staging and production sites updating one item at a time, checking for site design issues which I’ve confirmed happen after updating the GP theme (again only on production and not staging)

I’ve included a screenshot of my staging site in an incognito window after all plugin, theme, and core updates. It looks how it should.

And then a few screenshots from my production site after updating everything for reference. As you can see the header and footer are all messed up and the design is being smushed and stretched through the rest of the page.

All screenshots are in the gallery link provided.

As mentioned, this is happening on my production site only, so I keep restoring backups to fix the issue (right now it’s fine because I just restored it, but we/you can feel free to update the theme again to recreate the issue when you’re ready to take a look. I just don’t want it sitting there messed up while I wait)

What’s really confusing to me is why it is updating and working fine on staging but not on my production site.

I’ve just added you to my live and staging sites so you can see for yourself.

Please let me know when you’re done checking it out so I can plan to restore the working version as quickly as possible from my host if needed. I don’t want the broken design version out there on my live site for too long if avoidable.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do i assume you put back your Production site to the correct version ? As the Production and Staging are looking identical for me.

From your Screenshots – that looks to me like NO styles are being loaded at all – not just the Theme but everything – which is generally a Server or Plugin Cache that needs clearing.

Let me know.

Eric

Hi David,

Yeah, I mentioned I had put my Production site to the working version pre-update and that you could feel free to update it but it’s all good now, thanks for the tip.

You’re right, it was simply the server-level caching.

Thought I checked it, rookie mistake. Sorry bout that.

Many thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems – glad to hear you got it resolved!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.