[Resolved] GP Styles Conflict with Mailchimp Embed Sign Up Form?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Styles Conflict with Mailchimp Embed Sign Up Form?

Home Forums Support GP Styles Conflict with Mailchimp Embed Sign Up Form?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christopher

Hi,

I’m building a temporary splash page with a sign up. I’m using the horizontal-style Mailchimp form. I’ve been in touch with MC, but it seems they don’t have dev support (for me, anyway). A very nice general support person did contact me (not a dev) who did some quick research and made a styling suggestion (that didn’t work).

The problem I’m encountering is that the “Subscribe” button won’t horizontally align with the email input field. I’ve tried everything I can think of (floats, clears, !important) to remedy, but to no avail. Run on a plain-Jane html page the embed works fine.

Is this possibly a styling conflict with GP?

Apologies in advance if I’ve somehow missed something simple!

Kind Regards,

Chris

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Unfortunately GP does not control the HTML and CSS of that section as it’s all from MailChimp.

Did MailChimp say it’s a GP issue?

Christopher

Hi Leo,

No, not in the email from support. In their troubleshooting guide they reference an issue with some WP themes (failure of the submit button to appear, which can be fixed by removing or renaming a specific div class). They say that it’s caused by a css conflict that only seems to arise with certain themes (they didn’t name them). Because I’ve been unable to fix the problem, I thought perhaps there might be a conflict with GP styling of some sort. Of course, if that were the case, one would think the !important override would solve the issue.

I’ll see if they’ll get a dev involved. They don’t have a way to get direct tech support – for users with free accounts, at least. The general support person that made some recommendations (floats and a clear that only changed the problem) had to do research on her own, because she doesn’t code. She definitely went above and beyond.

I’ll report back if they offer or I can come up with a fix. Might be useful to someone in the future.

Kindly,

Chris

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good. Let us know 🙂

Christopher

Well, I can’t explain it, but the form started rendering correctly all of a sudden. Not necessarily helpful to others, but a relief for me.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad it’s working!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.