[Resolved] GP Site Library – how does it work?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Site Library – how does it work?

Home Forums Support GP Site Library – how does it work?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Baz

Just trying to understand how the Site Library module works in GP Premium.

If I import a design from the library, are the theme styles/settings stored on my own server, or do they have some sort of dependency on gpsites.co?

If the latter, does this mean any changes/down time at gpsites.co will effect my website design?

Is it possible to enable Site Library, import a theme design, and then disable the module?

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Site library simply imports a new site to your WordPress install, very similar to how you would use a plugin like Duplicator to copy one site to another WordPress install. Aside from the fact that importing a site from our library will not overwrite or remove any existing site content.

There are no dependencies to the GP Site server, so once you have installed a site you can disable the Site Library module.

Baz

Thanks for the great explanation David.

I had a play with it on local host and noticed that any additional CSS required is added to the Customizer.

So once I import a site, can I simply copy the CSS to the child theme stylesheet, and disable the Site Library module?

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats correct you can move the Additional CSS to your child theme styles.css

Baz

Thanks again David.

As always, appreciate the quick support from your team.

I’m switching to GP from another popular framework, so having to relearn the theme specific CSS and PHP.

I think I’m getting too old to constantly chase the never ending changes/updates 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help!

Lawrence

So do we need to have child theme? I always, always use a child theme so I’m concerned, if I install a site from the site library, what happens when GP updates, or when the site library site is updated, how do I ensure that I keep any customizations separate?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No – you don’t need a child theme to use the site-library templates.

if I install a site from the site library, what happens when GP updates

The parent theme will be updated and that’s all you need.

or when the site library site is updated

We rarely do that. And even if we do, it won’t change the templates installed previously.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.