Black Friday Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

GP Section Add-On & Backgrounds

Home Forums Support GP Section Add-On & Backgrounds

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Diana Rickard

Good morning,

Warning, I’m a WordPress newbie 🙂 So I have the GP Sections Add-on applied to a page on my site but the “Apply Sections” toolbar is no longer to be found. When I go to edit the page, “test” is all that appears in the text box, but when I view the page, I see all the current sections with images. Any suggestions?

Second, I can change the color of sections to solid colors, but when I upload a background image, it does not appear. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    Diana

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

While editing that page, click on “Screen Options” at the top right corner and make sure the “Use Sections” metabox is checked.

Then you should see a “Use Sections” metabox at the top right of your page which should be set to “Yes”.

When it is, you should see the sections which you can add to/change.

Can you link me to a page where the background image isn’t displaying?

Diana Rickard

Hi Tom-

Thank you so much for your swift response. So the “Use Sections” metabox is not appearing, I’ve checked under Appearance–> Generate Press to ensure Sections is active, and it is. Any suggestions? My site is actually user login protected (and under development) so I don’t believe I can provide a link. Are there specific parameters to what can be uploaded (size, type, etc.) as a background? I’m wondering if my images just aren’t compatible.

Again, thank you for your help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

And this is happening under the “Pages” post type?

If so, could you possibly send me a temporary admin account to support@generatepress.com so I can take a look?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.