[Support request] GP Premium version 1.7.6+ Not working with Classic Editor & Sections

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP Premium version 1.7.6+ Not working with Classic Editor & Sections

Home Forums Support GP Premium version 1.7.6+ Not working with Classic Editor & Sections

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    John

I rolled the GP Premium Version back to 1.7.5 and it fixed it so there’s something in the 1.7.6 release that’s breaking the Editor only in sections. What it’s doing is reverting it back to the default WP editor toolbar and not showing any of my tinymce Advanced customizations or any of my add-on plugins I have. Also I can get through about 5-6 sections of customization and saving wipes out all but 2 sections. Not sure if that’s related or not but I will see in a little bit as I build that page again now that it’s fixed. I will let you know on that.

I eliminated one plugin at a time and discovered that it was the update that broke it. I’ve used the following plugins so it took me some time to determine as I tested and adjusted across multiple installations of these plugins and WP versions. I use this combination of plugins in over 250 websites, so it’s kind of easy to test.

WP Verisons 5.0 through 5.0.2
    GP Premium Version 1.7.7 (So rolling this back to 1.7.5 brought back the menu to how it was)
    TinyMCE Advanced Version 4.8.0 through 4.8.2
    Classic Editor Version 1.2 through 1.3

We have to use the classic editor due to the fact that we have about 6 custom plugins that add buttons to tinymce.

I recommend testing and see if you can reproduce what I experienced but first with just Classic Editor and Sections and 1.7.7, then start adding plugins like tinyMCE Advanced, I can send you my settings export to import if you want on that plugin. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me to help test or provide access or videos so you can take a closer look.

As always, GP is the best! And you guys are also amazing with support. Money’s been tight for the holidays but when it picks up a little more I will be donating some more, I can’t imagine how I would do this without GP! πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Just tested this.

First, I used GPP 1.7.7 and Classic Editor 1.3.

I added 10 sections and saved. All 10 sections remained.

Then I installed TinyMCE Advanced 4.8.2.

My editor now looks like this: https://www.screencast.com/t/JIWjGBpwGQU

I re-saved the page with 10 sections, and all 10 sections remain.

Does the above look good? If so, perhaps you had some caching/server issues?

John

Sorry, I might not have been clear enough. I customize the buttons in tinyMCE Advanced, so you should do that too so you can see how it reverts back to the default version. Just add a few buttons to see if they disappear in sections. And you can actually see the change in one section. I can make a video for you if you want me to.

Also, I tried it on a few different computers and browsers just to make sure if wasn’t a caching issue.

Thanks for answering on a Saturday!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can send me temporary admin login details?: https://generatepress.com/contact

Be sure to mention this topic πŸ™‚

John

I emailed you and also sent a contact form. No rush, It’s Christmas Eve so spend time with those kiddos and get back to this whenever you can. Thanks for all you do! Merry Christmas!

John

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks! I’ll take a look ASAP πŸ™‚

Merry Christmas!

Rui

I have the same problem!

Most of my posts are old, so I edit them using the Classic Editor.

But when I tried to create a new one using sections I’m not successful.

The GP Sections Module were activated and I see a checkbox (not an elegant button!) to use the GP Sections. But when I edit a page or post and mark that checkbox the classic editor simply disappears (can’t see ‘Add Section’ button)! And if I choose edit with the WP new block editor (Gutenberg) when I mark the checkbox I keep seeing Gutenberg editor but not the GP Sections as showed on this video: https://vimeo.com/140475015

Is it possible to have the new WP editor, the Classic Editor and also had the option to use the GP Sections? There seems to be a conflict between them.

I’m using GeneratePress 2.2.1 and GP Premium 1.7.7.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you click “Screen Options” at the top right of the editor, is the Sections metabox checked?

Rui

Yes, Tom. It is.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can send me temporary admin login details so I can take a closer look?: https://generatepress.com/contact

If so, be sure to mention this topic.

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.