[Resolved] GP Premium prevents updating of homepage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Premium prevents updating of homepage

Home Forums Support GP Premium prevents updating of homepage

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Firstly apologies – your previous reply slipped the net.
    I have asked Tom to have a look as i cannot see what that Module would be doing to cause this problem.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is there “cached” content inside a Section? If so, if you make that change and hit “Apply”, then re-open the Section, is the change still there (even before you update the page)?

Greg

What’s a good way to check whether there is cached content within a Section? Under Appearance -> GeneratePress, I can only enable or disable Modules, not inspect what’s inside them. Where would I check for cached content? Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GP Premium/GeneratePress doesn’t do any caching.

However, it sounds like maybe your changes simply aren’t saving.

So, try this:

1. Open a section, make a change.
    2. Click the “Apply” button – the modal should close.
    3. Open the section again – is your change still there?
    4. If so, save the page, then refresh. Is the change still there?

Greg

Hm, currently not using Sections anywhere on the site (that I’m aware of). The only page where I observed this strange caching behavior is on the homepage, which uses Classic Editor.

Greg

Alright, I think I solved the problem. Earlier I said the site doesn’t use Sections, but just discovered a Section at the bottom of the homepage, which duplicates exactly the content in the Classic Editor above it. No idea why this is – I bought the site so that’s the way the homepage is apparently designed. So when I changed the section rather than the content in the Classic Editor about it, the change was indeed published. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s our fault – the core editor showing when Sections are enabled is a known bug at the moment. It’s fixed in 1.10.0, which is available for testing: https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-10-0/

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.