[Resolved] GP Premium prevents updating of homepage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Premium prevents updating of homepage

Home Forums Support GP Premium prevents updating of homepage

• This topic has 21 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Greg

Hello,

Today I noticed that I can no longer update my homepage. By deactivating all plugins and testing, I discovered that GP Premium inserts its own cached copy of the homepage and overrides all changes made.

Is there any way to get GP Premium to stop this behavior? Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GeneratePress or the Premium plugin doesn’t cache site content.
    Have you tried disabling any plugin and server side caches and then check the site in a private browser.

Greg

Yes I’ve experimented with disabling both server-side and local (SG Optimizer) caches to no avail.

I also suspected at first a caching problem and also contacted support at SiteGround about it.

Going back to the experiment of deactivating all plugins, when GP Premium is activated in isolation, a certain version of the homepage is always reintroduced. When I say “certain version”, subsequent changes to the homepage are rolled back to that one origin. This is what led me to describe GP as “caching” that version though I know this to be false.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have any custom functions in place or any GP Elements such as Hooks applied to the site ?

Greg

Yes I’m using 3 hooks associated with a Consent Banner, and 2 other pages respectively.

As for special functions, where would I find these, in funtions.php? I would enclose some files if it were possible.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try disabling just the Elements Module? We can test if something in those Hooks is creating an issue.

Greg

I reactivated GP Premium then deactivated Elements. The changes I had made to the homepage have been rolled back to the original version, so this doesn’t work unfortunately.

Greg

Welp, guess I’ll have to uninstall GP then.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just to be clear.
    If you disable GP Premium then you can edit your Home Page and those changes are displayed when viewing the front end of the site.

If you enable GP Premium then what happens to the changes you made in the Editor ?

Greg

Thanks. Ok so little experiment. On my homepage I have a date somewhere: 2019.

1. I change this date to 2020. Update. It’s still 2019.
    2. I deactivate the GP Premium plugin, then change this date to 2020. Update. Now it’s 2020 on the homepage.
    3. I reactivate the GP Premium, then change this date to 2021. Update. Now it’s back to 2019 on the homepage.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you enable GP Premium but disable all the Modules – and let me know if the issue persists

Greg

I disabled all the Modules but GP Premium stays enabled – the changes are reflected on the home page so it’s working as expected. But only when all modules are disabled.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK – so thats some progress. Can you enable each module individually ( so only 1 at a time ) to see which one is breaking the site ?

Greg

I went through and enabled each module individually, then updated the homepage. I found that the module “Sections” is the one giving trouble.

Greg

Any further advice?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.