[Support request] GP Premium license and copyright update

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP Premium license and copyright update

Home Forums Support GP Premium license and copyright update

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Colin

Hi,
    I’d like to request a better license and update process for the Copyright with WP Multisite. We have a WP Multi-site with approximately 40 versions of the same site with regional localized versions. Same theme, in most cases similar content and all the same copyright…

We’ve licensed GP Premium. Right now our process to license and update each site in the network is as follows:

1/ Login to WP Backend on add as Network theme for the network.
    2/ Login to WP Backend for each site.
    3/ Add License to GP.
    4/ Add copyright section control to each site.
    5/ Go to Appearance->Customize, scroll the copyright section and update to remove “Powered by Generatepress” even though each site has EXACTLY what we want but is followed by “Powered by Generatepress”.
    6/ Publish the change and then move to the next site in the network.

Frankly if I knew that I needed to edit each site in the network to remove this “Powered by Generatepress” with a licensed theme I wouldn’t have used GP for my project. My view is that as soon as I license the site this should be removed unless I opt into displaying it.

My second frustration is that I need to license each site in the Network. This takes alot of time and even thought I have the Theme enabled at the network level it doesn’t have an option to license all the sites in the network. I’d pay more to NOT have to deal with this extra setup for each site and I hope you’ll consider a Multi-site license process or a Multi-site license.

Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The copyright thing is a bit of a pain, but there is a workaround.

You can create a simple plugin, then network activate it so it runs on every single site.

For example, you can create a plugin with this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/pluginception/

Then, filter the copyright with a function: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/changing-the-copyright-message/#using-a-function

Now you can network activate that plugin and it will apply across your entire network.

As for the license, all of your sites on the network share the same theme/plugin files, so if you update it once, every site will have that update.

This means you can add your license key to one site, and then perform the updates through that site, which will update the plugin across the entire network.

Not ideal, but WordPress doesn’t make things easy on theme/plugin developers when it comes to Multi-site, unfortunately.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.