[Resolved] GP Premium Customizer Crashing on Chrome

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Premium Customizer Crashing on Chrome

Home Forums Support GP Premium Customizer Crashing on Chrome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kenson

Chrome is my primary browser. I would prefer to use Chrome to work on my site & blog. Just bought GP Premium and the customizer crashes while trying to apply a custom background via customizer instead of Additional CSS, but works fine in Chrome. Is there any way we can test to see what’s causing it on my main browser? All plugins off but GP Premium didn’t make a difference so I re-enabled my crucial plugins like Rank Math & TwitchPress.

I can create an admin acc for you if you need.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP definitely works with Chrome – it’s the only browser I use we haven’t had other reports on this.

You can send the dashboard access using Account Issue here:
    https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please disable all plugins except GP Premium as we cannot do that for you

If this is a live site then please consider creating a staging site so we can do some debugging.

Please include the following information:
    – The URL of this topic.
    – Login URL.
    – Username and password.

Kenson

I have already tried with all extensions disabled, I can generate a staging site, am with SiteGround (until I have enough traffic to warrant something like Kinsta) for now.

For some reason, it won’t let me create a staging site, after setting up and configuring HTTPS on it, it will keep redirecting to main site. We may have to use that for identifying the issue.

It seems incognito works fine, so maybe its a Chrome extension. Are there any known Chrome extensions that cause issues with GP?

The specific error Chrome is reporting is the “out of memory” error, when I still have 50% of local ram available, and the site is set to 768M memory limit on the site server itself. I do have Memcached enabled.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It seems incognito works fine, so maybe its a Chrome extension. Are there any known Chrome extensions that cause issues with GP?

That’s likely the issue. There is no known issue so you’d have to disable each extension and determine the problem.

It’s unlikely something we can fix on our end though so you might just have to stick with incognito mode for developing the site.

Kenson

Wow. It seems that it’s Dashlane. But that’s my password manager so I can’t disable that! Yikes.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh yeah I’ve heard that one from time to time.

I guess just use incognito mode during site development?

Kenson

I guess so, I use twitchpress login for logging in primarily, but my twitch login is a longer password than most, at least dashlane has a desktop app too.

Guess we can mark this as resolved.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.