[Support request] GP Premium checking for GeneratePress theme?

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP Premium checking for GeneratePress theme?

Home Forums Support GP Premium checking for GeneratePress theme?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Could GP Premium plug-in test whether the GeneratePress theme has been installed, and display a warning message on the plug-in page if it has not?

I forgot to install the GeneratePress theme, and couldn’t work out why the GeneratePress menu option didn’t appear in Appearance. The plug-in page then indicated that today’s update was available, and to click a link to enter the licence key, but I got a warning message “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page”.

Of course installing the theme solved the problem, but a reminder would have saved some time

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I agree, this would be nice.

Currently, I haven’t found a super reliable way to make sure GeneratePress is active (including child themes).

It’s something high on my list to do though.

Thanks for the suggestion! 🙂

Ian

You can’t just include a simple PHP “I am here” function with the theme, that won’t respond if it is not active?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Would have to make sure the function is registered before GP Premium checks for it.

Definitely possible – I’ll see what I can do for the next larger release (won’t be in the next one with a couple bug fixes from today’s update).

Thanks!

Ian

Thanks for the consideration!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.