Black Friday Sale! Get up to $40 off GP Premium!Learn more

GP Premium & Beaver Builder – what to consider?

Home Forums Support GP Premium & Beaver Builder – what to consider?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andi

Hi Tom,

I have a quick question about using Beaver Builder, because I read all these posts here in the forum about problems with the combination of GP and BB and having to use full width etc.
    Elsewhere you wrote Beaver Builder support is already integrated in GP.
    Now I’m a little confused and I want to be sure before I switch from SiteOrigin Page Builder to Beaver Builder.

• Is it possible to use GP sections and Beaver Builder together on the same page?
    • Is it possible to use the boxed design instead of full width?
    • Is it possible to enable the sidebar on pages where the content is created with Beaver Builder?
    • Is it possible to use the Content Layout – Separate Containers design when using Beaver Builder?
    • Can I use full width and boxed sections / rows in Beaver Builder?

Thanks for you help!

Andi

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Andi,

1. I don’t believe so, no. Sections is a very lightweight page builder, and it’s not possible to use two page builders together (like SiteOrigin and Beaver Builder for example).

2. Yes, but you have to set the boxed design in Beaver Builder. GP removes the container width from the theme which allows the user to choose the fluid or contained options in Beaver Builder.

3. I believe so, but I’m not 100%. If not I’ll find a solution.

4. Don’t see why not.

5. I think so? You’ll have to check their features.

It’s difficult for the theme to support these page builders 100% because all they do is add a class to the <body> element to let us know it’s active on that page.

They don’t let the theme know what kind of layout is set or anything, so it’s a guessing game, which kind of sucks.

Andi

Hey Tom,

thanks for your help!

I’ll give it a try and let you (and the other readers here) know. 🙂

Andi

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Michael

Hi Andi,

Have you discovered any hassles with BB and GP after your discussion here? I own GP premium and find sections awesome, but the combined speed GP Premium and BB in cutting down development time is amazing.

The agency I work for is considering using both as our go-to for websites, and would love to hear your feedback. 🙂

Thanks,
    Michael

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Michael,

The only troubles with BB happen if you’re using a contained layout inside the BB options.

However, those troubles are quite easily fixed. For example: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/not-full-width-with-beaver-builder-in-blog-pages/

Other than that, the two work great together 🙂

Andi

Hi Tom,

thanks for replying so quickly.

Yepp, Michael, I can’t add anything to what Tom said.
    Give the GP/BB combination a try! 🙂

Andi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.