After upgrading to the latest version of GP Premium: 2.1.1 from the previous version of GP Premium – 2.0.3, the zip archive appears in the Media Library. It also appears in the upload directory. Attempting to delete it from the Media Library does not remove it.
The plugin was installed with the following steps.
1) Deactive previous version – GP Premium – 2.0.3.
2) Delete older version – GP Premium – 2.0.3.
3) Upload latest version – GP Premium: 2.1.1.
4) Activate latest version.
1) Why is the archive uploaded to the Media Library?
2) Why does deleting it not remove it from the Media Library or the upload directory even though it has the right permissions (644)?
the Plugin uploader is a core WP function, it should not be adding plugin files anywhere other than the designated directory, and GP doesn’t interfere with that in any way. It sounds like something is amiss with the WP install or some other function or plugin is affecting its behaviour.