[Resolved] GP Premium 1.11.0 rc.1 Dynamic CSS Print Method external CSS file not working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Premium 1.11.0 rc.1 Dynamic CSS Print Method external CSS file not working

Home Forums Support GP Premium 1.11.0 rc.1 Dynamic CSS Print Method external CSS file not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Alexander

Downloaded the latest version “rc.1” Locally I am using Laragon on Windows + Clean WordPress installation.
    When I am using Generatepress theme with “rc.1” I have the option to chose generate a external css file instead of using inline. However when I chose external there is no change on the page and Generatepress is still using inline css for settings.

Alexander

Update: The CSS file is generated and loaded, however there is still inline CSS added.
    If I choose use inline css the html size is smaller than using external which seems wrong.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What version of the theme are you using?

Any chance we can see the issue on a live server?

Alexander

Hello Tom, I am using the latest version from the official WordPress.org “market” V 2.4.2

Currently i dont have Website in development using GeneratePress, the once I have are in production. And does not have a staging site either.

Here is link to Laragon https://laragon.org/download/ If you would like to replicate it locally.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If the plugin isn’t able to create the stylesheet, it will fall back to displaying inline CSS. It sounds like there might be permission issues on your server preventing the file from being created.

Is the style.min.css file being enqueued if you view the source? If should be in wp-content/generatepress/style.min.css

Alexander

Yes its created and i can even see it if i view source.
    I can also locate the file inside the WordPress dir based on what i can see in the source code.

However inline CSS is still added to the head section of the html doc.
    I am not using any caching or something like that.

Earlier today i did a complete reinstallation and tested both with Laragon and XAMPP.
    Still the same problem that inline css is added no matter what.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, this isn’t something I’m able to replicate. I don’t have Laragon (using Local at the moment), however it shouldn’t matter.

What kind of server setup do you have? Apache? Nginx?

Can you show me a screenshot of your source with the HTTP request for the file and the inline CSS?

Alexander

I tested again this time using LiteSpeed by creating a staging site based off a real website.

I still have
    <link rel="stylesheet" id="generatepress-dynamic-css" href="//dev.*.*/wp-content/uploads/generatepress/style.min.css?ver=cdd2c68c49abb05fd7d0c5cf82c3c8ed" type="text/css" media="all">

and
    <style id="generate-style-inline-css" type="text/css">

The dynamic css file is being generated and added to header, but the inline css is still there as well…
    Its not a error due to permission i can delet the dynamic css file and regenerate it. And it contains css just like the inline css.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can show me a screenshot of the inline CSS?

Addison

Hey, Tom. I’m having the exact same issue. Also on Windows Laragon. Here are a couple of screenshots that may help.

Source view:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysdvwrwkazuc7zf/GP-inline-css-and-external-link.png?dl=0

External CSS (matches the inline CSS):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysdvwrwkazuc7zf/GP-inline-css-and-external-link.png?dl=0

Let me know how I can help.

Thanks,
    Addison

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for the screenshots! I believe I have this fixed, will be releasing 1.11.1 today ๐Ÿ™‚

Addison

Thanks so much, Tom. I just installed the update and all seems well.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, thanks for letting me know ๐Ÿ™‚

FunkyCss

Hallo Guys , i see you have installed the latestet update and you have this figured out, but as i see for my sites is not working . I see the css file beeing generated but i see more inline css this time , i have opened the same topic as well.

Addison

I’d first check to see if any of your inline styles match the external css being generated. I’m still seeing a bit of inline CSS on my site, but it’s no longer duplicated in the external styles.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.