[Resolved] GP hooks to insert text above Jetpack Related images?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP hooks to insert text above Jetpack Related images?

Home Forums Support GP hooks to insert text above Jetpack Related images?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Basically you would need to:

1. Disable the automatic output of the related posts
    2. Manually place them inside your hook

This way you could control the order (above or below the other hook content).

You’d have to ask Jetpack if this method is possible with their plugin.

dale

I’ve found a solution-of-sorts, and was wondering if it might point to another possible hook area …

I was playing around with AdRotate plugin for other reasons and noticed they had an “After Content” setting. I wondered where it inserted content “After Content,” and it turns out it does so right where I wanted to–at the end of a blog post, before the post meta and Jetpack related posts.

So I took the content I’d had in my GP Hooks After Content and moved it to AdRotate. I’d rather have it in GP Hooks, but this will do for now until it breaks my website ๐Ÿ™‚

I haven’t moved the “After Content” content on all my posts yet, just on single posts in /category/for-writers/calls-for-submissions/. But if you want to have a look, that’s the end I was looking for.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That plugin likely uses the same filter as the related posts, which is why it works. Really glad you found a solution ๐Ÿ™‚

dale

Thanks! When I get better at code, I’d like to pursue your other suggestion, but this works for now.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.