[Resolved] GP + Elementor Pro: Infinite Scroll, Sidebar on Single Post, Restore Old Changes

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP + Elementor Pro: Infinite Scroll, Sidebar on Single Post, Restore Old Changes

Home Forums Support GP + Elementor Pro: Infinite Scroll, Sidebar on Single Post, Restore Old Changes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan

Hi,

I am a total beginner and I know absolutely no code at all.

I decided to buy Generate Press instead of Astra because I heard the former has better support. So here it goes!

I built my WordPress page with Elementor Pro and Generate Press.

1) On the Page for Blog Archives I uploaded a template made in Elementor Pro. Is it possible to get infinite scroll for my blog posts? If so, do I do this through GP or do I need an additional plug in? If so, which plugin do you recommend?

2) On the Single Posts, I created a template in Elementor. When I go to the Post edit screen on GP I click on ‘content/side bar’ but sadly nothing shows up. When I go to customizations->widgets it doesn’t get me an option for a right sidebar (only header and footer). Any thoughts on how to fix this (ie make a new Elementor template, add in code, do soemthing else?)

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is your site live? I’m getting a coming soon page when I go to your URL.

1. If your blog is built using Elementor, the infinite scroll functionality would have to come from them/an extension specific to their post builder. GeneratePress has infinite scroll functionality in our Blog module, but it requires you to use the standard blog template that comes with the theme/WordPress.

2. I’m not 100% sure how Elementor takes over the single posts, however I assume they only take over the content area and leave the rest to the theme (I hope). I would have to see one of your single posts to know for sure though.

If you need to send us login details to view your site, feel free to use the Account Issue form here: https://generatepress.com/contact

Just be sure to mention this topic.

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dan

Thanks, Tom.

I sent you the log in details.

In regards to the infinite scroll: I’ll play with the GP blog template and see how it looks.

In regards to the Single Post on Elementor: I contacted them and am awaiting their reply.

Dan

Hi Tom, my issue is resolved.

For anyone reading in the future Elementor said that I had to create a Single Page Template and set it to All Posts. In that Single Page Template I had to add in a “Sidebar” to the 2nd column and then change the ratio of the left and right column.

Thanks again

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for letting us know, Dan!

Let me know if you decide to use GP for the blog and have any customization questions ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.