[Resolved] GP Created Thumbnails Dimensions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Created Thumbnails Dimensions

Home Forums Support GP Created Thumbnails Dimensions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ivaylo

What are the thumbnail sizes that GeneraPress create when I upload images?
    Is there a list with all thumbnails created by GP ( featured images for archives, popular posts, etc )
    I’m getting a lot of different image sizes created so I’m really confused what is going on.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP doesn’t register any thumbnail sizes.

WordPress by default registers: thumb, medium, medium_large, large
    All of which except from the medium_large can be set in the Settings > Media.
    Those are auto created IF the original FULL size image is larger than them.

Ivaylo

And how does GP shows different size thumbnails? Are they created dynamically by device? I just uploaded some images and you are right I can only see the full size ( original image ) and 3 other sizes as per Settings-Media.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, WordPress will by default display the Full Size image, with a src-set containing the other size images, the browser depending on many criteria will select the most appropriate src-set image.

If you add an Image to a Page using the Core Image Block or the GenerateBlocks Image Block, then by default it will apply the above rule. But in the block settings you can choose the Attachment size, if you want to load a specific size image.

The only place that GP will define an image size is:

1. Activate the Blog Module in Appearance > GeneratePress

2. Go to Customizer > Layout > Blog –> Featured Images, here you can specify the Attachment size you want GP to display for Posts, Pages and Archives.

Ivaylo

In Customizer-Layout-Blog – Featured Images – Media Attachment Size – It is all set to Full. So I guess GP is not creating any other thumbnails. Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can change the media size as you wish.

GP doesn’t create thumbnails, it’s managed by WP.

Ivaylo

Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.