[Resolved] GP and Elementor – Sidebars

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP and Elementor – Sidebars

Home Forums Support GP and Elementor – Sidebars

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Antar

There are two ways of using Elementor – in template mode and in content mode. The way you use Elementor determines the results. If you use template mode, for example, it takes control of the GP content area and replaces it with your own template design. Alternatively, if you use it in content mode, it adds the elementor elements inside of GPs page layout.

Is there any way to combine the two approaches?

In an ideal world I would like to create an Elementor template but with the GP content structure wrapped around it – if that makes sense.

I can set-up an Elementor template to mimic a standard GP page layout – content/sidebar – but it’s tedious and seems like overkill.

:-/

Antar

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

not possible i am afraid. And i can’t see what problem it would solve if it were… maybe i am missing something ? Let me know

Antar

Hi, David –

Here’s the problem…

Typically, the GP page structure looks a little like this:

<div id="content">
      <div id="primary"></div>
      <div id="right-sidebar"></div>
    </div>

If I use elementor to edit a page, we end up with this:

<div id="content">
      <div id="primary">Elementor Content</div>
    </div>

I can still use GP to edit the page layout and add/remove the sidebars, etc.

However, if I create an Elementor page template I end up with this:

<div id="content">
       Elementor Content
    </div>

The template replaces everything inside #content. The GP structure of the page is lost – as is the control over the sidebars, etc.

What I am asking is whether or not it would be possible to create an Elementor template which is inserted into the GP structure – inside the #primary div:

<div id="content">
      <div id="primary">Elementor Content</div>
    </div>

I just assumed there must be a way to “trick” elementor into where it inserts the template content?

Thanks again,

Antar

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I wouldn’t know where to begin looking for that – might be worth asking Elementor to see they have any ideas.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.