[Resolved] GP 3.0 – Child style.css does not override fonts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP 3.0 – Child style.css does not override fonts

Home Forums Support GP 3.0 – Child style.css does not override fonts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Christian

Hi,
    first of all thanks a lot for the steady development of GeneratePress and the recent update to GP 3.0.
    I’m currently testing the update in the staging environment and almost everything seems to work smoothly and without problems.

I noticed a small problem though: I use a local Google font “Inter” and an Adobe font “Proxima Nova” for the website. Both are integrated via @font-face in the style.css file in the child theme, or via a wp_head hook. The update seems to override the CSS rules and replace fonts with System Stack.

May this be a bug in 3.0 or is there a way to use the custom fonts without using page wide !important tags?

Best regards,
    Christian

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you provide a link to your site so we can see why the Child Theme CSS is being overwritten.

Christian

Hi David, please see the private information for the url.
    I just updated the linked online version to 3.0 as well and it’s the same issue as in the local environment where fonts stylings like in the body text or h1 don’t get overridden anymore. Funnily the h2 headlines seem to be working fine.

When I view the website in the customizer, everything gets displayed as it should.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are we sure this issue is 3.0 related? It looks like it may have something to do with the External File option in Customize > General.

Can you see if the same thing applies on a 2.4 website/if you turn off External File CSS?

Thanks! We appreciate you taking the time to test 3.0! πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just released 1.12.0-rc.1 which I believe fixes this. Any chance you can confirm?

Thanks!

Christian

Hey Tom,
    hah yeah, you guys really got me hooked with the GP 3.0 blog post. Great (copy-) writing! πŸ™‚

You were totally right about the external file option, setting it back to “inline embedding” did override the CSS.
    Now after the update the external file option also works.

Thanks a lot!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome – glad it worked! Thanks for letting us know πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.