[Resolved] GP 2.3 New Update ( SVG and Font icons )

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP 2.3 New Update ( SVG and Font icons )

Home Forums Support GP 2.3 New Update ( SVG and Font icons )

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    FunkyCss

Hallo

With the new update of the GP , there is the new option in the General Settings where you can choose between SVG or Font Icons .

Can you please guide me where this helps ? i mean if i choose SVG what is changing ? is for implementing a plugin where you can insert SVG fonts ?

Sorry for the noob question but as i know you cant insert SVG icons to the WordPress Library .

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this applies only to the Theme Icons, such as the Menu toggle, Search Icon, Back to Top, Woocommerce Cart, Category icons etc.

The legacy method was to load these as a font. You now have the option to switch these to an inline SVG file. It means one less request to load the font and the images are sharper.

But it doesn’t do anything in regards to you loading your own SVGs or any other plugins.

FunkyCss

Hi David !

So this means that if i switch to SVG Icons it loads svg files for those stuff you said from the GP ?

I Just have to switch to SVG ?

So why to have font at all ? ๐Ÿ˜€

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats correct – switch to SVG to remove the need for a font to be loaded. Font is still there for backwards compatibility as some users may have done custom work that requires them.

FunkyCss

Thank you for the Information David i will change it to SVG ! Is getting better and Better.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

FunkyCss

Just Tiped again for the on on oing developement , i admire your work ! Really thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you so much! We appreciate it ๐Ÿ™‚

Matthias

as i am having a look how to add social icons i asked myself:
    1. where are the svgs saved/loaded from? i mean the mentioned theme icons. couldn’t find images in the theme folders. Regarding gdpr/dsgvo i’d like to have everything local.
    2. switching to svg in customizer->general does not mean i can use svgs as i want right? Like for my social icons
    3. To be consistent throughout the page- are the theme icons from some special source that offers social icons to? If so – would be nice to know where i can look for others (linkedin, xing, twitter …)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. the SVG icons are coded inline – there is no external file.
    2. No – you will need a plugin such as Safe SVG or SVG Support ( or code ) to enable uploading of SVGs.
    3. The theme icons do not include social icons.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.