- This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by David.
June 19, 2019 at 3:05 am #934321FunkyCss
With the new update of the GP , there is the new option in the General Settings where you can choose between SVG or Font Icons .
Can you please guide me where this helps ? i mean if i choose SVG what is changing ? is for implementing a plugin where you can insert SVG fonts ?
Sorry for the noob question but as i know you cant insert SVG icons to the WordPress Library .
ThanksJune 19, 2019 at 5:38 am #934478DavidStaffCustomer Support
this applies only to the Theme Icons, such as the Menu toggle, Search Icon, Back to Top, Woocommerce Cart, Category icons etc.
The legacy method was to load these as a font. You now have the option to switch these to an inline SVG file. It means one less request to load the font and the images are sharper.
But it doesn’t do anything in regards to you loading your own SVGs or any other plugins.June 19, 2019 at 5:48 am #934496FunkyCss
Hi David !
So this means that if i switch to SVG Icons it loads svg files for those stuff you said from the GP ?
I Just have to switch to SVG ?
So why to have font at all ? 😀June 19, 2019 at 6:24 am #934541DavidStaffCustomer SupportJune 19, 2019 at 6:29 am #934557FunkyCss
Thank you for the Information David i will change it to SVG ! Is getting better and Better.June 19, 2019 at 6:30 am #934564DavidStaffCustomer SupportJune 19, 2019 at 6:32 am #934569FunkyCss
Just Tiped again for the on on oing developement , i admire your work ! Really thank youJune 19, 2019 at 6:47 am #934585TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperJanuary 27, 2020 at 5:22 am #1145497Matthias
as i am having a look how to add social icons i asked myself:
1. where are the svgs saved/loaded from? i mean the mentioned theme icons. couldn’t find images in the theme folders. Regarding gdpr/dsgvo i’d like to have everything local.
2. switching to svg in customizer->general does not mean i can use svgs as i want right? Like for my social icons
3. To be consistent throughout the page- are the theme icons from some special source that offers social icons to? If so – would be nice to know where i can look for others (linkedin, xing, twitter …)January 27, 2020 at 7:22 am #1145768DavidStaffCustomer Support
1. the SVG icons are coded inline – there is no external file.
2. No – you will need a plugin such as Safe SVG or SVG Support ( or code ) to enable uploading of SVGs.
3. The theme icons do not include social icons.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.