[Support request] GP 2.2 + Gutenberg

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP 2.2 + Gutenberg

Home Forums Support GP 2.2 + Gutenberg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wekhter

I tested the GP 2.2 pre-release + Gutenberg compatability, and here are some things I noticed:

1) Although the editor adapts itself to the content width, it doesn’t take into account any spacing options. So for instance if you set left & right spacing to something large (like 100px instead of the default 40px) it isn’t reflected in the backend. This means the line length isn’t the same as the frontend, or the relative width of regular content vs wide content.

2) The button element in the editor takes on the colors set in the customizer, but not any typography options (ex. font weight, text transform)

3) You’re allowing people to choose full-width settings for blocks (ex images) but since they still have to obey the content width, on the frontend they display the same way as extra-wide blocks. Should they look the same in the backend as well? Or I wonder if it would make more sense to not declare support for fullwidth?

4) In GP buttons by default have no border-radius, but the default border style in Gutenberg is called rounded. There is no difference between changing from the default rounded to square. Would it make sense to create a rounded style so that people can actually switch the two in the editor? Is it possible to change the default option in Gutenberg to square instead of rounded?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks so much for this! Truly awesome.

1. Content width is a tough one. There are tons of variables and the backend logic gets really complicated, really fast. We’ll try to improve it a bit, but I don’t think it will ever be 100% accurate.

2. Fixed in alpha.3

3. I wish we could declare wide support and not full width support. The way WP suggests full width support is very hack-y. If a sidebar is present, the full width option will take on the same width as the wide width option. You can imagine how terrible a full width section would look when sidebars are there as well.

4. Good point, we’ve made it so GP respects the round button by default. It doesn’t look like there’s a way to change the default. I’m not sure why they’ve chosen a rounded button as default.

Thanks again for your feedback! I really appreciate it ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ve managed to improve the accuracy of the content width. It won’t always be perfect, but it will be better now.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just uploaded alpha.3 with these changes: https://generatepress.com/generatepress-2-2/

Thanks again!

wekhter

Hi again @Tom,

Just updated to 2.2 and things are looking great, just one thing: looks like like .wp-block-button__link:not(.has-background) color (color of text on gutenberg button block) is being overridden by .inside-article a (color of links within post content) since it has higher specificity.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Nice find. Will get that fixed in 2.2.1 ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.