[Resolved] google tag manager

Home Forums Support [Resolved] google tag manager

Home Forums Support google tag manager

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    moy

hello,
    I don’t know much about websites. I just recently started using WordPress so if anyone can share their knowledge about the following, it would be helpful –

1) I am using google tags on my website. Will it hurt my google SEO if I remove it ???? Will Google stop indexing my posts if I remove google tag manager from my site?

2) Is there any alternative to google tags/google analytics? It is increasing my page size and decreasing my site’s speed, so I don’t want to use it.

I reason I am asking this is –

I worked hard to increase my website speed form 9s to below 1s.
    I didn’t have the knowledge, so It took to around 30days to setup everything properly (from custom CSS design to speed optimization)

but yesterday, I installed monsterinsights plugin in my blog. due to which, Loading time became 3.5s. and page size increased from 160kb to 350kb. Then I removed the plugin and decide to use google tags instead, but page size became 300kb with 2.5s of loading time.

It took me a lot of efforts to increase constant page speed to below 1s (with page size 160 kb)

since I’m fairly new to wordpress, I don’t know much about websites and all. please help

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

1) I am using google tags on my website. Will it hurt my google SEO if I remove it ???? Will Google stop indexing my posts if I remove google tag manager from my site?

You don’t really need GTM if the main concern is indexing. Google indexes websites regardless of if it has GTM or not. Or you can actually request for it in cases where you’ve made changes.

Read more here – https://support.google.com/webmasters/topic/9427949?hl=en&ref_topic=9428048

2) Is there any alternative to google tags/google analytics? It is increasing my page size and decreasing my site’s speed, so I don’t want to use it.

There are plenty of alternatives to GTM & GA for WordPress but as for their specific perks, I’m afraid I can’t accurately pinpoint them for you as these features are outside of GeneratePress Support’s scope.

But If I may suggest, I highly recommend you read GTM and GA’s respective documentation so you fully understand their usage and limitation so you have an idea on what to look for when you pick for an alternative.

but yesterday, I installed monsterinsights plugin in my blog. due to which, Loading time became 3.5s. and page size increased from 160kb to 350kb. Then I removed the plugin and decide to use google tags instead, but page size became 300kb with 2.5s of loading time.

As MonsterInsights is a third party plugin outside of GeneratePress, it may be best to ask their support regarding this issue.

moy

thank you very much for the links you have shared…. ill read it thoroughly

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice one. No problem.:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.