[Support request] Google Search Console Site Verification via Google Tag Manager

Home Forums Support [Support request] Google Search Console Site Verification via Google Tag Manager

Home Forums Support Google Search Console Site Verification via Google Tag Manager

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nathaniel

Hello, Currently I need to validate my website with Google Search Console. I have previously done this using Google Analytics, however, after I switched to Google Tag Manager, I have been having some problems. When I look at where to put this snippet, it says it has to go DIRECTLY below the body tag. However, there is currently some screenreader code that says something like “go to content” before the tag manager tag. I have utilized GP Hooks to put my Google Tag Manager snippet right below the body, however, it doesn’t look like there is a good way to get this to work because the “go to content” screenreader element is between this snippet and the body.

Please help,

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That shouldn’t actually matter – they just want it above all of your content.

Being below the screen reader text won’t mess with the code at all 🙂

Nathaniel

Ok, I just tried to get this to work and it wasn’t working. I noticed that it emphasized that it needed to be directly below the body tag and figured that that was the problem.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, well you can try copying the header.php file and pasting it into your child theme.

Then try adding your code above the screen reader text.

Might be worth trying just to test?

Nathaniel

That fixed it. It was necessary that it is DIRECTLY below the body tag.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – thanks for letting me know!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.