[Support request] google pagespeed insights and generatepress.ttf

Home Forums Support [Support request] google pagespeed insights and generatepress.ttf

Home Forums Support google pagespeed insights and generatepress.ttf

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Patrick

Hello Tom,
    Google pagespeed is telling me to better compress fonts/generatepress.ttf 1,3 KB (45 %) can be saved. What can I do about that?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I did some looking into this, and I’m not sure it’s possible on the server side of things. However, that file is super small, so I really wouldn’t worry about it.

Patrick

Hello Tom,
    I really do not worry about the filesize but sadly google is the biggest player and when ever google thinks something is not perfect on your website it affects your ranking and the quality-factor of your keywords which can make your adwords more expensive.

Other than that I don’t care about a few kB

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This is a really good article about Google Page Speed, and why it’s super flawed: https://wp-rocket.me/blog/the-truth-about-google-pagespeed-insights/

Fama

Anything new about it? i get the same advice from Google. I dont like advices from Google. I want to pass all their tests. Thanks in advance

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Nothings changed much – it’s a tiny file, so the saving they’re saying could happen are also tiny.

Any sort of compressing would need to happen on the server side of things.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.