[Resolved] Google Fonts Missing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Google Fonts Missing

Home Forums Support Google Fonts Missing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    93487u5tr938ouh4trnos8fyoh

I use the latest RCs for both theme and plugin and can’t find any of the Google fonts.

I activate SVG fonts, is that why?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

So you are not seeing any fonts in the Typography section of the customizer?

If so can you deactivate all plugins to eliminate conflicts?

Make sure you are using the parent theme without any custom functions as well.

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Activating, deactivating the plugins fixed the issue.

Also updating GD Premium.

It will be very good if you can provide previews of the fonts like some of your competitors.

Much easier to pick the font without having to look at a separate tab.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for the suggestion!

I believe that requires all fonts to load so would slow the customizer down.

We will take a closer look ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah I know, but otherwise you have to open a separate window and/or check one by one as nobody remembers how these fonts look unless he’s a pro designer. If you open a new window it defies the purpose of usability. I hope that there is a way for them to load only when the menu is opened.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Currently Font Previews are a huge performance drain and is more detrimental to UX then switching browser tabs. I am sure if we could get over this issue then we would implement previews.

Personally i create a style sheet page that has all my main text elements, and i then customize from there. So i get a realtime preview of all elements at once.

I also suggest font selection and general design layouts should be done before getting into WP – it saves a lot of time. For font selection there are several good tools available such as this:

https://archetypeapp.com

I use Google Fonts to see things, thanks for the link.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.