[Support request] Google Analytics Setup

Home Forums Support [Support request] Google Analytics Setup

Home Forums Support Google Analytics Setup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sumit

Hi I am wondering how you suggest that I setup Google Analytics if I am using Generate Press Theme.

Few concerns I have here are,

I am using Tag Manager and I have that setup using Generate Press.
    So Technically I can setup analytics using tags manager.

But I also have Analytics Pro plugin by woo-commerce which is taking care of woo-commerce side of things.

What I would like to do is setup Google analytics in Theme, in such a way so it takes care of everything else except for woocommerce side of it, since everything in woo-commerce is being taken care of by their pro plugin.

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this is not really Theme related, i assume you could apply exclude filters within your Google Analytics so they don’t capture the Woo content?

Sumit

thats why I am asking, is there a way for GeneratePress to control the pixel in such a way so it doesn’t fire on woo-commerce content. At analytic level will have to mention many URLS.

Maybe I can create an elment for analytic pixel so it do not fire on woo-commerce content?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So you could use the Hooks element to add your GTM script and set the display rules to the entire site, and then exclude the Product pages:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

Sumit

where should be the hook location?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the first script goes in the WP_head and the second closing script can go in the before_header

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.