[Resolved] google ad doesn't work in header widget area

Home Forums Support [Resolved] google ad doesn't work in header widget area

Home Forums Support google ad doesn't work in header widget area

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daniele

Hi,
    I put the same google ads code in two different text widget. The first, inside the right sidebar, works. The other, in the header widget area, doesn’t.

Actually it works but in a weird way: if I put one more widget (like meta tags), it shows up having the same (short) size.

Anybody has got this issue?

my website (with gp premium) is http://www.80s.it

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m seeing both – Google will only display ads if it has ads to show, so it might take a couple days for them to gather enough info to display ads consistently.

You’re saying if you remove the meta widget, the ad disappears? Are you adding the ad into a Text widget?

Daniele

Hi Tom,
    yes, the google script is inside a text widget, like the one in the right sidebar below the video. Now I’ve removed the meta widget and nothing is showing in the header. Instead, i put a google ads text widget in the 3rd footer and it works perfectly..

initially, i figured out it wasn’t working because the padding of site’s title was too little (10px) so it couldn’t contain any horizontal ad. I added more padding but nothing changed.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That might be it, Google might have a script that stops the ad from showing if the area isn’t wide enough.

You can force the header widget to become wider with this CSS:

.header-widget {
        max-width: 100%;
    }
    Daniele

Hi Tom,
    it works with

.header-widget {
    width: 100%;
    }

😀

Cheers,
    Daniele

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.