[Support request] Getting Text and a button into a hero image

Home Forums Support [Support request] Getting Text and a button into a hero image

Home Forums Support Getting Text and a button into a hero image

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Eric

Hi please see private info, looking to get text and a button into a hero image but can’t seem to quite figure it out.

Thank you

Eric

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you using the block editor by any chance?

It would be very easy to achieve with a block element page hero:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-page-hero/

Eric

Hi, yes I can do that easily for the image and page title but what about the sub-text and button? How can those be dynamically inserted per page?

Eric

I’ll try to be more clear.

The page hero on Pages or Posts I want to achieve a custom image, header, sub-text, and buttons (buttons that link to other pages or posts on the site)

I’ve got the custom image sorted and header…but am failing to see where I can generate custom sub-text independent of the post or page content and custom buttons.

This can be a Page or a Post it doesn’t matter, but please let me know how to achieve the sub-text and buttons.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Eric,

but am failing to see where I can generate custom sub-text independent of the post or page content and custom buttons.

You need to create custom fields to store the value of the sub-text and the custom button link for each post.

Then you can use GenerateBlocks’s headline block/buttons block to pull the value from those custom fields.

Here’s a video should be helpful: https://youtu.be/Ff7ikQ7Yw0w

Eric

Does this work on Pages? Or just posts? I can’t get it to work on the page.

Eric

Also unsure how to style the custom field text and button

Eric

Or I can’t get it to go underneath the first headline, does this require a custom hook?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does this work on Pages? Or just posts? I can’t get it to work on the page.

WP custom fields support both posts and pages.

Also unsure how to style the custom field text and button

If you are using GenerateBlocks’s headline block or buttons block, there’re plenty of built-in options for you to style them.

Or I can’t get it to go underneath the first headline, does this require a custom hook?

I’m not sure what you mean, did you follow the structure I shared in my previous reply?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.