[Resolved] Getting sidebar background color to reach as long as the page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Getting sidebar background color to reach as long as the page

Home Forums Support Getting sidebar background color to reach as long as the page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jacks McNamara

Hello there –

I know there have been posts on this before, but they seem to be old and I’m not sure which of the many solutions proposed work with the current version of Generatepress. So I’m going to ask the question again.

I have my logo and nav in the left sidebar. All good there.

I want to change the background of my sidebar to be white. All the way down to the end of the content area. Like this website. I added this code to change the background color, which I found in another Generatepress thread:

`.inside-left-sidebar {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    }`

that works, but it only stays white to the end of the nav. so it floats and looks strange, like this (I exaggerated the background color to make it more obvious. I’m not actually using this putrid yellow 🙂
    screenshot.

my site is currently super unfinished and in maintenance mode, which is why I haven’t posted the link to the site. If you need to be able to access it, let me know.

thoughts?

Stacey Usborne
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jacks,

This might be what you’re looking for: http://generatepress.com/forums/topic/equal-length-columns/page/2/#post-38550

Jacks McNamara

Thank you, it worked!!!

For future folks searching this topic, this is what you do (from Tom):

this updated code should work: https://gist.github.com/generatepress/b946892d810435352fd9

First, you’ll see I added some CSS in there. This is simply so you can see the sidebar reaches the same level as the content. I’ll be adding a new option to Colors soon that will allow you to choose the sidebar background color.

So, paste that code into the wp_footer area of GP Hooks, and you should be good to go.

Stacey Usborne
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome! Glad it worked 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.