[Resolved] Getting rid of the empty space in a contained page hero image in mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Getting rid of the empty space in a contained page hero image in mobile

Home Forums Support Getting rid of the empty space in a contained page hero image in mobile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joey

I have an image on my page hero (https://simipress.com/home/) that is 762px x 1108, centered and set as “full page,” like the cover of a book. As it is too wide for the mobile, I contained it with this code to get the whole image on the phone:

.blog .page-hero {
        background-size: contain;
    }

Is there a way to move the padding of the page hero up proportionally after 762px to get rid of the empty black space at the bottom of the image?

Here is what I am trying to do:

I know I can uncheck “full page” in the page hero, and then set the padding to 28%/28% on desktop and about 71%/71% on mobile, but then on tablet mode the page hero will no longer be full page. Is there a way to do this without that empty black space and keeping full page on desktop and mobile? Thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can unset the Full Page at 500px ( where the empty space appears ) using this CSS:

@media(max-width: 500px) {
        .blog .page-hero {
            min-height: unset;
        }
    }
    Joey

Oh, so all GeneratePress is doing with full-page page heros is setting a minimum height. Thank you, it worked.

One last question, if you have time. If I want to put a margin around all posts, I know I can do this:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
     .blog, .archive {
            margin-left: 10px;
            margin-right: 10px;
        }
    }

But how can I exclude the main navigation, footer bar, and page hero image?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
     .blog #page, .archive #page {
            margin-left: 10px;
            margin-right: 10px;
        }
    }
    Joey

That worked awesome, thank you very much.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.