[Resolved] Get rid of “no archives to show” from left sidebar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Get rid of “no archives to show” from left sidebar

Home Forums Support Get rid of “no archives to show” from left sidebar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ian

I don’t have a blog so my left sidebar shows
    No archives to show.
    No categories
    How can I get rid of them?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the page in question?

You can use the private information field:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Let me know 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm unfortunately those are WP core widgets and the “No archives to show.” and “No categories.” are just the default message when there is no result.

I believe it would make sense to choose a layout without sidebar first and then add the sidebar back once you actually have some archives and categories to show.

Please reply in this forum thread and not through e-mail.

Ian

Thanks Leo.
    If I understand correctly, when I put a menu into the left sidebar these annoying extras will disappear? In the meantime, I’ll just switch off the left sidebar.
    Ian McAllister

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Those widgets show the latest posts so when you publish a post then something should show.

If that’s not the widget you wanted then simply remove them from the widget area and add in a custom menu widget.

Ian

I think the problem is that you are using the block system and I am using Classic.
    I can’t find any way to control the contents of the sidebar. I tried to put “no sidebars for blogs, no sidebars for individual posts” but nothing changed. It only removes the sidebar if I put “no sidebar for pages”.
    If I don’t have a blog, I don’t see why it should tell me about the absence of blog features.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Ian,

If you go to Appearance > Widgets, you should be able to customize your sidebar there. Can you try editing the widgets there and see how it goes?

Ian

Thank you very much Fernando.
    That works perfectly. Nothing appears in the left sidebar now.
    Ian McAllister

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Ian!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.