[Support request] GeoDirectory Compatibility

Home Forums Support [Support request] GeoDirectory Compatibility

Home Forums Support GeoDirectory Compatibility

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yehuda

Hey Guys! Trying to make a directory site using GeoDirectory but I really want to use GP as my theme for the advanced header options. Problem is – the directory doesn’t seem to be laid out properly on the GP theme – the background is bare and there are no boxes or separations between listings, etc.

Can anybody help me with this??

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Does GeoDirectory have any theme specific instructions for adding compatibility? Plugins that try to guess the theme structure are pain in this regard, but usually at least have instructions on how to make the two work together.

Let me know 🙂

Fabio

I’m glad found this thread. In fact, GeoDirectory has theme specific instructions to add compatibility: https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs/how-to-build-your-own-theme-compatibility-plugin/.

As a member of Facebook groups related to directory software, I know that many will like the option to use GP as a theme with GD, as we call the directory plugin. So if you help us build this bridge of compatibility we will be grateful as GD lacks good modern themes and with performance in mind.

And I help share the news with the community!

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Wow, those are some complex instructions! I think they would benefit hugely from looking into how WooCommerce is approaching 3.2, which integrates smoothly into all themes without needing the hook or unhook anything.

Their instructions look do-able, but it would take a long time to build that custom plugin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.