[Support request] generetedpress won’t let mobile theme plugin work

Home Forums Support [Support request] generetedpress won’t let mobile theme plugin work

Home Forums Support generetedpress won’t let mobile theme plugin work

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Edivaldo

I’m using generetedpress on the desktop and WPtouch Pro on mobile.

However, even after configured, generetedpress still appears (not even that plugin that disables responsiveness does not solve).

How do I resolve this?

Edivaldo
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GeneratePress does not know what plugins you add and certainly would not interfere with how that plugin should work ? Have you checked the Plugin support ?

As a separate question – why would you use that plugin when the GP Theme is Mobile Responsive ?

Edivaldo

Unfortunately, GeneratePress on mobile does not meet some of the new requirements from Google, mainly CLS, and I am being forced to use a mobile theme.

What I could see is that if there is not a good update on the responsive themes, many sites will have to do the same.

Just to inform you CLS is already a mandatory item in the Google Sarch console and has generated errors on my website, and consequently, it is taking it down in the ranking.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

We have had no reports of any CLS or other Google Metrix issues with the base GP Theme or the GP Premium Plugin.

The CLS ( and other Google Metrics ) issues we deal with on this forum are many and are related to how each site has been setup and the many plugins the user has added. And we help every user identify and fix those problems. But none of them have been directly related to the theme.

If you’re having issues with CLS then we’re more than happy to take a look at your site to help you solve them.

Edivaldo

unfortunately, I found the reason on the mobile theme compatibility page:
    Desktop Themes

True desktop theme incompatibility is rare. The following themes have proven not to work well with WPtouch Pro:

Architectos (advanced functions only)
    Classipress
    GeoTheme
    Headway (advanced functions only)
    Swagger
    Themes using WPBakery’s Visual Composer (advanced functions only)
    Clear Theme
    Divi Theme (uses custom page builder)
    GeneratePress (and/or its accompanying plugin) – May cause a 500 server error in WPtouch Pro’s Customizer
    Mesmerize – When the Mesmerize theme is used with its Mesmerize plugin, it breaks WPtouch’s functionality completely

Edivaldo

Right.

I removed Wptouch pro and I will generate a report to see.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK – let us know if you find any issues.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.