[Resolved] GeneratePress Vertical Menu + Elementor Layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GeneratePress Vertical Menu + Elementor Layout

Home Forums Support GeneratePress Vertical Menu + Elementor Layout

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Deborah

Hello,

I am new to GP and to Elementor so I apologize if this is a baby question but here we go:

I am trying to have a layout with vertical menu on the right (I managed to do that with GP) while the rest of the page (left side) is managed by elementor.

So far it looks like elementor doesn’t ‘see’ the menu on the right and the content is too stretched out: https://www.hq.tizzit.co/library/

Do you know what page attributes and page layout (GP or Elementor settings) would work best to achieve what I want?
    See: https://snag.gy/fZKPsU.jpg
    Or am I missing something else altogether?

—– Lastly, is there any way to have the full width of the vertical menu colored without using CSS or is CSS the only option?

Many thanks,
    Deb

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Deborah, welcome aboard =)

I see you have used either Sider or Navigator site for the install.
    So the left hand full height side bar is actually the GP Page Header and you can change the color in Customiser > Color > Header.

Now to the right all i can see is the GP Entry header and an Elementor made footer. So do you have a right sidebar activated?

Deborah

Hi David,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    I have used Sider for the install but didn’t upload the content, just the layout.

I do not have a right sidebar because I don’t want one. I just one the header/vertical nav, then elementor content to its left.

The problem is that the elementor content (at the moment there is none but you can see what I mean with the elementor footer) is either too stretched and goes beyond and behind the GP header/vertical menu OR too boxed in (meaning there’s a gap between the GP header/vertical menu and the footer)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Deborah

Absolutely. Should I install Navigator instead?

Deborah

I did hehe.
    It’s much better in regards to the footer, but the sections still won’t stretch. See: https://www.hq.tizzit.co/library/
    If I force stretch using JS in Elementor it overstretches and goes beyond and behind the vertical menu.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Deborah, don’t use the stretch option. Go into the WP page editor (not elementor) and look for the Layout Meta box and select Page Builder Container, set this to full width.

Deborah

Beautiful!
    I knew it was one of those secret settings 😉 That’s great, thank you!

Very last question: The homepage is set to Elementor Canvas so that no header/footer or anything gets in the way of the layout, but since I have installed Sider and then Navigator, the content is pushed to the left/off center.
    Take a look here: https://www.hq.tizzit.co/

it’s like the vertical menu is there, but hidden?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Deborah,

The Elementor Canvas removes all of the GP Theme elements including the GP Header (which in this case is displayed like a sidebar). Instead use the Layout Meta like you did with the pagebuilder container and from their you can disable the elements you don’t need as well as set the number of footer widgets.
    Also things like Footer widgets can be set to zero in the customiser and this will remove them globally from the site.

Deborah

OK, great. Good to know about that disable elements option.

I have disabled all elements on the page though and the problem persists.
    The meta layout -> page builder container is set to full width. I have tried default as well.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So template is set to default. Which elements did you disable? You shouldn’t disable the Header or Primary navigation or thats goodbye to the sidebar

Deborah

I actually don’t want the sidebar on this specific page. I am looking to get rid of this weird empty orange space: https://snag.gy/mg9CBK.jpg

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah ok i see (needed more coffee lol).
    Ok that is going to need some CSS. If you add this to the additional CSS in the customiser (paste it above the code already there) then it should remove that margin on the Home page:

@media (min-width: 769px) {
        .home {
            margin-left: 0 !important;
        }
    }
    Deborah

Hi David,

That’s ok – it’s close to bedtime for me so I think we’re both doing good considering.
    The code above seems to have syntax errors (unexpected body)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Deborah – one of those day’s… i edited the code above, give that a try…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘GeneratePress Vertical Menu + Elementor Layout’ is closed to new replies.