- This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 10 months ago by David.
November 28, 2019 at 7:22 am #1081580Licheng
Hi, I am very happy to meet generatepress, after tried Avada,etc, such heavy themes
I am using Wpbakery Pro page builder, I have no coding knowledge.
My questions are:
1. Can we change any kind of PSD designs to real site using generatpress theme?
2. in future, we may have some custom codings/changes to the generatepress theme body, then what should I do to keep the whole website layout same when I update the generatepress theme to new version? thanks
2. I am building the offical company website, we are B2B manufacturing business, we need to show our products/portfolio on the site, so, how to build the products/portfolio system on the site? should I use a plugin?thanks
JefferyNovember 28, 2019 at 8:40 am #1081713DavidStaffCustomer Support
1. The Theme is responsible for only the theme elements, for example the Site header, navigation, content and sidebar layout and footer. The content will be controlled by the page builder you’re using – between the theme and the pagebuilder – yes you should be able to replicate a PSD design.
2. You should use a child theme, this will ensure any custom functions are kept when the theme updates:
3. Yes a Portfolio or Shop Plugin ( if purchasing is required ) should be used.November 28, 2019 at 4:43 pm #1082147Licheng
Hi David, many thanks for helpful guide
Could you recommend a portfolio plugin which is compatible well with generatepress
also, I have a guy who design website look and feel for me, question is where could I find a coder? the coder should know well with Generatepress? (just change the header, footer,navigation, siderbar parts of the theme),thanks
ThanksNovember 28, 2019 at 4:52 pm #1082151DavidStaffCustomer Support
Portfolio requirements vary quite a lot so i would suggest including this feature as part of your development ( coding ) process. Especially if you want to work to a PSD design.
Worth asking on our facebook group as there are many willing and able developers there:November 28, 2019 at 6:08 pm #1082185Licheng
Is there a global setting for the sidebar, that I want posts and pages have different default sidebars, thanksNovember 29, 2019 at 5:18 am #1082812DavidStaffCustomer Support
I personally use Content Aware Sidebars plugin it provides a whole host of options and support different post types.November 29, 2019 at 5:39 am #1082854Licheng
thanksNovember 29, 2019 at 5:45 am #1082866
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.