[Resolved] GeneratePress settings to contain content for mobile and tablet views

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GeneratePress settings to contain content for mobile and tablet views

Home Forums Support GeneratePress settings to contain content for mobile and tablet views

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lu Ann

Hi!
    I just switched my site otlcityguides.com from Divi to GeneratePress and I love it – it’s so much faster and easy to use. However, my desktop view looks great but mobile content is cut off on the left.

I’ve tried to adjust the settings in the GeneratePress customizer, but couldn’t get anything to work. I’ve also read quite a few support topics but answers didn’t apply to my situation.

Can you please advise what I need to adjust and the optimal settings for mobile and tablet so all content on every page is contained instead of being cut off?

Thank you!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Lu Ann,

I’m not exactly sure what the issue is.

Can you provide a screenshot of the page indicating the area/section w/ the issue?

Let us know. πŸ˜€

Lu Ann

Hi Elvin,
    It affects most posts and pages – but just mobile view. Desktop is great. Tablet view has strange symbols – I’m not even sure what’s happening there. But my immediate concern is the mobile view.

Here’s the screenshot so you can see that the left side is cut off. That also eliminates the “read more” link because it’s on the left.

https://otlcityguides.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/screenshot-scaled.jpg

That’s taken from the page otlcityguides.com/best-food-near-me (which looks perfect on desktop).

I’m looking for global settings to eliminate the problem across the board. As I mentioned, I tried in the customizer and nothing changed.

Thanks!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think the cropping is isolated to the image because it can’t fit on narrow viewports but the grid itself isn’t being cropped.

It’s too close to the edge though, making an illusion of the grid itself being cropped but that’s not the case.

Can you try and see what happens if you add this CSS?

.entry-content {
        padding: 0 30px;
    }

This should add some spacing to the sides of the content. With this, you should see that it’s actually the image only that’s being cropped.

That said, for image cropping, you may have to contact the plugin developer of your post grid for best practices in changing it.

Lu Ann

Thanks! That fixed the hero image but I guess I’ll have to contact PostX about the rest of the site. Everything is still chopped off on the left side.

I appreciate your quick replies πŸ™‚

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Let us know how it goes. πŸ˜€

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.