[Resolved] Generatepress plus Lightweight Grid Columns

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Generatepress plus Lightweight Grid Columns

Home Forums Support Generatepress plus Lightweight Grid Columns

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nictic

So I was looking for a simple lightweight grid/column plugin (not much out there) to quickly use grid layouts on pages (without having to use a bloated full-on page builder) and discovered Tom’s Lightweight Grid Columns. I know I can just use GP’s existing column structure by going manual html but sometimes it is just so convenient going the short-code route. Lightweight Grid Columns

So my point is, to anyone interested in structuring pages with a page builder but not keen on having a full on page builder plugin: Using the GP pro sections add-on, and then using Lightweight Grid Column shortcodes in those section makes for a very nice page builder type scenario.

Tom, perhaps a nice feature would be to bring Lightweight Grid Columns into GP pro to create a lightweight page builder type function when used in conjunction with the Sections add-on or do a Lightweight Grid Columns Pro with some added features. All it really lacks is background colour and padding controls.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I have a rule where I won’t include shortcodes inside the theme. This is so if someone decides to change themes one day, their content isn’t full of shortcodes that don’t do anything.

However, I am looking forward to working with the new Gutenberg editor, and hopefully building columns into that.

BTW, +100 for not going the page builder route ๐Ÿ™‚

nictic

Ah yes that is why I was thinking of a GP pro add-on type scenario like with sections, because if they change themes they wont be using GP pro anyway. But I like the columns in gutenberg editor idea.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Me too, looking forward to that ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.