[Support request] Generatepress & Elementor Relationship

Home Forums Support [Support request] Generatepress & Elementor Relationship

Home Forums Support Generatepress & Elementor Relationship

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lee

Hi.

I am looking for some advice regarding using Elementor with GP & GP Pro.

Up until now, we have been using GeneratePress and GP Pro to build sites which is working well. What we are finding though is that for extra specific functionality, we need additional plugins. I have been looking at Elementor Pro as this has numerous bits of functionality built in which would reduce the amount of additional plugins we would need to install on any given site.

One thing that is confusing me though is the relationship between GP/GP Pro and Elementor. How do these work together and what does what job?

For instance, would Elementor work without GP/GP Pro or vice versa? If however used together, what role does each do?

I hope that makes sense.

Kind regards.

Lee

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Lee,

Elementor 2.0 theme builder ( like Beaver Builders Themer ) does blur the lines between page builder and theme.

I have used their theme builder for testing. But personally the lack of schema markup and the oodles of extra HTML makes me shy away from using it for theme building.

On builds where i have to use it i limit Elementor to page / post content, creating templates that i use in Widget Areas / Hooks or as shortcodes in non elementor page content.

I disable global colors and fonts in elementor. So i can control these globally in the GP customiser.

I always use the default post/page template and the GP Layout meta as opposed to Elemntor Canvas / Full width template. They don’t have the GP hooks and the former removes the theme elements.

I do occasionally use the theme builder for 404 pages and sometimes to hook in place of the footer. But i can generally achieve the same result using Page Headers on the 404 and some CSS to design the footer.

But this is my personal preference. And is not to say that you can’t achieve your needs doing all things in Elementor.

Lee

Hi David.

Really appreciate your reply.

If i create headers and footers in Elementor and use the shortcodes in GP Hooks, does this keep the schema intact?

Kind regards.

Lee

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Lee,

I suppose hooking it directly inside, for example, the GP header would keep the WPHeader schema mark-up, no different to adding a widget to a sidebar.

Pratik

I found the GP Marketer theme really well suited to match bloggers requirements. I migrated from Divi to GP and could make the difference instantly. My website loads within 2-2.5 secs and I can just focus on writing blogs. GP Marketer looks like an authority site already so very less customization is needed. The only customisation I did were the change in colours.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats great – thanks for sharing your feedback 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.