[Resolved] GenerateBlocks versus header element

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GenerateBlocks versus header element

Home Forums Support GenerateBlocks versus header element

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tony

With the introduction of GenerateBlocks, would GB’s functionality eliminate the need for using header elements? Thanks in advance for clarifying.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in its current form GB/Gutenberg is still only for static content.
    Whereas Header Elements are dynamic and the best way of automating hero creation.

The good news ( or should that be super awesomely great news 🙂 ) is GPP 1.11 will be introducing block elements that in the future may replace our traditional HTML header elements

Tony

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Jon

Hello –

I’m currently viewing tutorial video at https://docs.generatepress.com/article/moving-hooks-page-headers-to-elements/ to convert from Page Headers.

I’ve slammed on the brakes halfway through the video, because I remember reading the blocks may replace elements. That lead me to find this issue.

My question: Have blocks now replaced elements, or should I continue to migrate to elements?

Thanks in advance,

GP Premium 1.11.3
    Generate Blocks 1.1.2

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Block Element is a new Addition to the Elements module.
    Currently it can only display static content.
    For dynamic content eg. automatic post title and featured images you will need to use the Header Element today.

Future updates to GP Premium and GB Pro will allow you to create Dynamic Content.

So to answer your question – if you’re happy with your current Page header designs and are happy with the HTML and Template tags you’re using then I would migrate them to Header Elements.

If you’re thinking of redesigning the content and you think GB Blocks will make that easier then i may wait a month or two for the updated versions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.