[Resolved] GenerateBlocks post CSS not loading on posts archive page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GenerateBlocks post CSS not loading on posts archive page

Home Forums Support GenerateBlocks post CSS not loading on posts archive page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nathan

Hi there,

I’m having an issue where none of the GenerateBlocks CSS is loading on my posts archive page. This isn’t about styling the archive page itself as I’ve seen lots of other Qs about. But rather the CSS for the posts themselves isn’t loading. At first I thought it was just an issue with the Grid block CSS, but on further testing, it’s also the Headline, Buttons, and Containers. All plugins disabled except GB and GPP for testing purposes. Same thing whether CSS is in external file or inline.

Am I missing something basic in that this isn’t intended functionality, or is there something else going on?
    Post page (w/css)
    Archive page (no css)

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GB loads it CSS dynamically by scanning the_content for any GB Blocks. This method is far more efficient then alternative methods, however it doesn’t currently work on Archives. We’re looking in alternative solutions for that.

Nathan

Thank you, I guess I misunderstood that about the plugin. Does this apply equally to other ways of displaying posts, like with WP Show Posts? Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes the issue also affects WP Show Posts, its simply anything output within a queried loop that is the issue.

Nathan

Great, thanks again. I’m still very new to all this, so I appreciate the help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome. We’ll hopefully have a solution for this soon. You may in the meantime want to use Custom Excerpts for your posts, this is used to display just some text in these cases.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.