[Resolved] GenerateBlocks – Parallax – Pseudo Element

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GenerateBlocks – Parallax – Pseudo Element

Home Forums Support GenerateBlocks – Parallax – Pseudo Element

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Frans

I an working to replace GPP Sections by GenerateBlocks. I managed to implement parallax with your help.

However, in a GB container, when I change the opacity of the background image, the Selector switches to “pseudo element”. Then, the parallax does not work any more. If I return to “element”, it is working again.

Is there a solution ? In the script ?

Thanks !

Frans

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Pseudo elements are not standard DOM elements so they cannot be selected and manipulated in the same way using JS.

To workaround make sure you have the latest version of GB, that is version 1.2.
    Then create a Gradient for the container, you can set both colors to white with x Opacity. Then set that as a Pseudo Element that will sit in front of the background image.
    Leave the background image as an element.

Frans

Thanks ! The parallax works again !

In my case, the background gradient also sits in front of a head (text) that is in front of the background image. Is it possible to get text (head, paragraph) in front of the background image and the background gradient (as pseudo element) ?

If I add a color to the background gradient, the color of the text cannot become white, because of the background gradient that is in front of it.

Thanks !

Frans

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Select the Container > Spacing –> And increase the Inner Z-Index to 1

Frans

Great ! It is similar as my section now !

Thanks !

Frans

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.