[Resolved] GenerateBlocks image block doesn’t display the media library set caption

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GenerateBlocks image block doesn’t display the media library set caption

Home Forums Support GenerateBlocks image block doesn’t display the media library set caption

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    VR

Hello,

Can you tell me where the “Display Captions” setting can be turned on, per Leo’s support reply on 9/25/22 in this thread – https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/image-captions-not-reflecting/? I don’t see it in the GP Blocks “Image” block settings or in WP > Appearance > Customizer.

If you visit the page I’ve listed in the Private section, navigate to the “Find a Conservator” headline in the content section. You’ll see two of the same image in the left column. The top one uses GenerateBlocks’ “Image” block and has the caption defined in the Media Library for that image, but the caption only appears if I manually add a caption to it which is duplicative.

The second image uses WP’s default image block and the caption appears automatically. Unfortunately, the default WP image block isn’t as robust as GenerateBlocks’, so I’d really prefer to use the GenerateBlocks image block.

Site is running the latest version of Generate Blocks (1.6.0), but the default caption didn’t work before I upgraded the plugin (it was previously 1.5.4).

Thank you!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP doesn’t have control over GB’s image block, as GB is an independent plugin, it’s not part of GP.

You’ll need to manually turn on the caption for GB image block by clicking the CC icon, then enable the dynamic data for the caption (headline) block, please check the below screenshot for reference:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/vA4dCr1Xr8

Let me know if this helps 🙂

VR

Ah, thank you. We had reviewed the dynamic data section, but didn’t realize we first had to select the “CC” option before the “Caption” option would appear in it.

Thank you!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome   🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.