[Resolved] GenerateBlocks Container Background Video

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GenerateBlocks Container Background Video

Home Forums Support GenerateBlocks Container Background Video

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Neil

Hey Support,
    I am using the Vinyasa demo as a base to build a site and wondered if it would be possible to switch the Hero background image to a video.

I can see the settings within the “Container” block to add the background-image url but this won’t accept a video file.

Would this need to be re-created as an Element? If so, any thoughts on allowing a video file in the future?

Thanks in advance.
    Neil

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

its not possible at the moment without some custom coding. You can use the method we provide for adding video bg to the Header Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-hero-background-video/

The principles are the same, excerpt you would need to use a custom class on your Container Block and insert the video content in a HTML Block.

Its something we’re reviewing for a future block option.

Neil

David,
    I have been trying out a few different options and managed to the same section using the default WordPress Cover Block a container for the swirl over the top.

Thanks for you time on this.
    Neil

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that

Evan

Reviving and old thread and this has been working great for me except is there a way to do this with a YouTube or Vimeo hosted video rather than having a local video hosted on our site’s server?

Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can do it with Vimeo Pro as they provide direct links to the videos ( YouTube does not ):

https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/224823567-Third-party-players-links

Then you can use the method above with the direct link.

Evan

That works, thanks David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help

Erwin

Hi David, is it possible to align the background video to the bottom?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you raise a new topic and share me a link to the page where i can see the issue ?
    In your own topic you will have the Private Information field for sharing URLs

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.