[Resolved] GenerateBlocks Container Background Image Size

Home Forums Support GenerateBlocks Container Background Image Size

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Hi,

I can’t see a way of selecting the image size to be used as the background image for a container in GenerateBlocks. Am I missing it, or is it not available. It is using the full size image which is adding to the page weight. If not available, could it perhaps be added to the planned Pro version?

As a workaround I have uploaded separate smaller size copies to be used soecifically as the background image.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you referring to the background-size option?
    https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/container-overview/#background-image

If so it should be included.

Let me know 🙂

Peter

Hi Leo,

No, the size of the image used. As an extreme example if it was a very small container then the thumbnail image could be used rather than a 2000px wide original.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’ve not seen the option for background images – background image size is usually controlled by the background-size property detailed here:
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/background-size

You can type in a percentage like 50%.

I find it easier to upload an image with size close to what you want it to use/display.

Peter

OK, I’ll keep on uploading a specific image optimised for use as a background rather than using an existing image from the media library.

It would be handy to be able to choose the source image from the existing wordpress resized images though (can do this in Beaver Builder)

Peter

Elvin
    Customer Support

Hi,

No, the size of the image used. As an extreme example if it was a very small container then the thumbnail image could be used rather than a 2000px wide original.

It would be handy to be able to choose the source image from the existing wordpress resized images though (can do this in Beaver Builder)

This sounds like a great feature to add in the future. It definitely makes sense to be able to add registered image sizes that WordPress generates.

We’ll look into it.

Peter

That’s great.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.