[Resolved] GenerateBlocks buttons not showing edits on front end

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GenerateBlocks buttons not showing edits on front end

Home Forums Support GenerateBlocks buttons not showing edits on front end

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Christine

Hi! I have a footer element with some GenerateBlocks icon buttons. In the editor, I’ve increased the size of the icons, and centered them. However, in the front end, these edits are not showing. The buttons are small and right aligned. What am I doing wrong?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

When something works in the backend but not frontend, it’s usually a caching issue.

Can you make sure all plugin cache and server cache are cleared first?

The buttons also look good from my end:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/lXqVsg9a

Christine

Hi, thanks. I know, but something else is going on here. Cache has been cleared and I’ve had this issue for awhile. Those aren’t the buttons I meant. Look down in the footer, right column, it’s the social icons under “Newsletter”. Do you see what I mean?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Christine,

Can you try choose Inline Embedding for the CSS Print Method in Settings > GenerateBlocks, and clear cache?

Christine

I did, don’t see any change though.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I just found out that you are using the same buttons block in the top bar as well, the 2 buttons block are using the exact same ID, that’s why it got confused, because both blocks are outputs CSS for different alignments, so the CSS is overriding each other.

The solution would be duplicate the buttons block in the footer, please be aware copy and duplicate are different. Using duplicate option will generate a new set of ID for the new block, while copy and paste keeps the same ID.

Just remember every time you want to reuse a GB block, use duplicate, do NOT use copy and paste.

Christine

Ah hah! Thank you so much for explaining this to me!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome 🙂

It is confusing sometimes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.