[Support request] GenerateBlocks Button block default GP styling

Home Forums Support GenerateBlocks Button block default GP styling

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Natalie

Thanks so much for GenerateBlocks!!!

This post is mainly to help others but also to check I have done the right thing.

I have created a button block.

I wanted the buttons to get the default styling I have already set up in appearance / customize /colors /buttons and
    appearance / customize /typography / buttons (plus any default button styling from the GP theme)

So for each button, in the block editor under ‘advanced’ I added ‘button’ as a CSS class

Then in the ‘colors’ section I clicked on the ‘background color’, then clicked the ‘clear color’ button. You need to do this for the ‘Normal’ state and the ‘Hover’ state. (You may need to do this for text color as well, but my text color was the same so I left it)

Then in the ‘spacing’ section, clear the values for ‘padding’

Is there an actual ‘clear defaults’ option that would do all that automatically?

Tom Lead Developer

Hi there,

Glad you’re enjoying it!

Setting defaults is possible via a filter right now, but I wouldn’t suggest using it until we’re out of alpha, as filter names/structure may change between now and then.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.