[Support request] generate-style-inline-css

Home Forums Support [Support request] generate-style-inline-css

Home Forums Support generate-style-inline-css

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jens

Hello,

Today I changed the setting “Dynamic CCS Print Methode” to “External File”.

My expactation was that all inline styles from generate press move into ccs file. He also postpones the largest part, but unfortunately a remainder remains. I find the adjustment pointless if only one part is postponed.

Unfortunately, this part remains.

<style id="generate-style-inline-css">
    .is-right-sidebar{width:30%;}.is-left-sidebar{width:30%;}.site-content .content-area{width:70%;}@media (max-width: 768px){.main-navigation .menu-toggle,.sidebar-nav-mobile:not(#sticky-placeholder){display:block;}.main-navigation ul,.gen-sidebar-nav,.main-navigation:not(.slideout-navigation):not(.toggled) .main-nav > ul,.has-inline-mobile-toggle #site-navigation .inside-navigation > *:not(.navigation-search):not(.main-nav){display:none;}.nav-align-right .inside-navigation,.nav-align-center .inside-navigation{justify-content:space-between;}}
    .dynamic-author-image-rounded{border-radius:100%;}.dynamic-featured-image, .dynamic-author-image{vertical-align:middle;}.one-container.blog .dynamic-content-template:not(:last-child), .one-container.archive .dynamic-content-template:not(:last-child){padding-bottom:0px;}.dynamic-entry-excerpt > p:last-child{margin-bottom:0px;}
    </style>
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thats correct, there is still some dynamic CSS that remains inline.
    reasons for that varies, some is because it performs better inline, and some is just the complications when dealing with dynamic CSS generation.
    With each update we move closer too 100% being moved, but there will probably always be a little inline.

Jens

Hi David,

Thank you for your answer.

I’m a bit surprised. Since you actually only have to move the rest into the CSS file. What’s the problem?
    I’m considering removing it myself and just adding it to my custom CSS. I don’t change anything about the layout of the page anyway. Is that a good or bad idea?

Best regards
    Jens

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

We don’t scrape the CSS from the rendered page and move it to a file like a lot of cache optimization plugins do.
    The CSS is dynamically generated, its a real complicated process as the CSS comes from many places.

You can try moving the CSS, to your own external stylesheet.
    You may find it works just fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.