[Resolved] Generate Press Elements Hook Placement

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Generate Press Elements Hook Placement

Home Forums Support Generate Press Elements Hook Placement

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GeneratePressUser

Hello Generatepress team,

PLs can you see the image in the private box and let me know how can we have a hook placed at that place.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so that position is part of your Elementor content, so you will not find a Hook there, especially not a theme related one.

However, if you want – see my reply here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/search/hooky+shortcode/#post-2264208

It will allow you to create a Shortcode you can add to your Elementor content, that you can then hook into.
    Please note – i have not tested this in Elementor content. You may want to ask Elementor if they have a better solution.

GeneratePressUser

Hey David,

Ok then I guess disabling elementor there on those page and adding those elements using elementor shortcode in generatepress hook would be the best way to arrange then things however we like by setting priority for those hooks, isn’t it?

As per your experience making page like that with multiple shortcodes VS making page directly using elementor do you think there is any difference in page speed?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah you could use a shortcodes and hook them in using GP.
    Shortcodes do require extra processing vs loading HTML from your database, but its performance hit is negligible.

GeneratePressUser

Hey David,

Thanks a lot, btw just 1 small off question from this topic: which caching plugin does generatepress usually recommend?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Generally we leave it to the server to do the caching.

Optimization plugins – in no particular order:

Autoptimize
    Perfmatters
    WP Rocket.

GeneratePressUser

Hey David,

Thanks a lot, yes I guess Wp Rocket along with a good server will be the best.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.